Stroke Guidelines for Health Professionals
- Successful Business Strategies to Prevent Heart Disease and Stroke Toolkit
Provides information, materials, and tools that state programs can distribute to businesses.
- The Atlas of Heart Disease and Stroke
This publication of the World Health Organization addresses the global epidemic of heart disease and stroke. It covers the burden, risk factors, and actions to prevent heart disease and stroke.
- Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure
Provides evidence-based guidelines about preventing and managing high blood pressure. From the National Heart, Blood, and Lung Institute.
- Third Report of the Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III)
Provides evidence-based guidelines about screening for and treating high cholesterol. From the National Heart, Blood, and Lung Institute.
- Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults
Provides evidence-based guidelines about screening for and treating overweight and obesity. From the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
- Physical Activity and Health: A Report of the Surgeon General
The first Surgeon General’s Report specifically addressing physical activity and health.
- Surgeon General's Reports Related to Tobacco Use
Links to reports concerning smoking and health, including reports on involuntary exposure to tobacco smoke and on tobacco use among ethnic minority groups.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
Provides authoritative advice about good dietary habits that can promote health and reduce risk of disease. Published jointly every five years by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Department of Agriculture (USDA). The 2010 guidelines are being developed.
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF)
The USPSTF site links to recommendations and reports from an independent panel of experts in primary care and prevention who systematically review the effectiveness of clinical preventive services.
- Health Disparities: A Selected Bibliography
Links to articles and reports published between 2000 and 2005 about health disparities, which are a top priority for CDC.