Stroke Program Publications
- Atrial Fibrillation
- High Blood Pressure
- Know the Signs and Symptoms of Stroke
- American Indian and Alaska Native Heart Disease and Stroke
State Public Health Actions Program
- NHDSP Program Addresses High Blood Pressure
- NHDSP Addresses Stroke
- NHDSP Address Prehospital Emergency Medical Response
- 2008 Atlas of Stroke Hospitalizations Among Medicare Beneficiaries
Includes county-level maps of stroke hospitalizations by type of stroke, race/ethnicity, discharge status, and co-morbidity. CDC developed the atlas in collaboration with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Atlas of Heart Disease and Stroke Among American Indians and Alaska Natives
Provides information on geographic patterns in deaths due to heart disease and stroke among American Indians and Alaska Natives. Heart disease and stroke are the first and sixth leading causes of death in these populations.
- The Atlas of Stroke Mortality: Racial, Ethnic, and Geographic Disparities in the United States
Provides national and state maps illustrating geographic disparities in stroke death rates for the five largest racial and ethnic groups in the United States.