Program Planning, Improvement, and Evaluation
Financial Management Training
This presentation serves as a tutorial on the basics of the federal budget and financial management, including budget processes; appropriations law; contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements; spending and operating plans; budget execution; and more.
Strong planning and evaluation efforts are integral to public health program success and impact.
- Budget, Grants, and FundingVisit this page for useful information on CDC’s budget, funding, grants, and legislative processes.
- Health Department AccreditationLearn more about the national voluntary accreditation program for health departments and CDC's role.
- Materials and ResourcesFind print materials such as brochures, flyers, and posters, as well as web, multimedia, and social media resources from CDC and other federal websites to enhance your public health programs.
- Mobilizing Action through Planning & PartnershipAccess guidance, resources, and technical assistance to help move through the Mobilizing Action through Planning & Partnership (MAPP) process for improving community health.
- National Public Health Improvement InitiativeLearn how the National Public Health Improvement Initiative (NPHII) helps health departments systematically increase their capacity and ability to meet national public health standards.
- National Public Health Performance Standards ProgramFind out more about this program that has developed national public health performance standards for STLT public health systems and public health governing bodies.
- Performance Management and Quality ImprovementVisit this page for useful Information and materials to help support STLT health departments improve their performance.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support
4770 Buford Highway, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341
- Email OSTLTS