Professional development opportunities are critical in maintaining a skilled public health workforce.
- Competencies for Applied Epidemiologists in Governmental Public Health AgenciesLearn about job descriptions and the required skills for four different tiers of Applied Epidemiology Competencies (AECs), as determined by CDC and the Council for State and Territorial Epidemiologists.
- CDC EmploymentLearn about exciting career opportunities awaiting at CDC.
- CDC Fellowships Access public health training programs that are looking for motivated students, graduates, and health professionals, including the Public Health Associate Program and the Public Health Prevention Service.
- CDC Learning Connection Locate public health learning products and resources developed by CDC and its partners.
- CDC TRAIN (TrainingFinder Real-time Affiliate Integrated Network)
Join this national learning network to access public health learning products.
- Communities of Practice Learn, share, and work together to solve common problems in your area of expertise by joining a community of practice. Public health communities are forming and collaborating now on phConnect.org.
- Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals Learn about the core competencies, a set of skills desirable for the broad practice of public health, and how you can build them.
- National Leadership Academy for the Public’s Health Discover CDC’s applied leadership training program that enables multi-sector jurisdictional teams to address public health problems within their communities through team-identified community health improvement projects.
- Public Health Informatics Competencies Discover the core competencies for practicing public health informaticians and senior public health informaticians, which CDC developed in collaboration with the Association of Schools for Public Health and University of Washington Center for Public Health Informatics.