Health Insurance Marketplace: Communication Toolkit for Health Agencies
During October 1, 2013–March 31, 2014, millions of Americans will be able to enroll for health insurance. The US Department of Health and Human Services has launched the Health Insurance Marketplace to make it easier for citizens to compare health coverage options and find plans that meet their needs and fit their budgets.
State, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies can help promote the Marketplace and encourage constituents who need coverage to enroll.
To encourage enrollment, you can
- Post messages, badges, banners, and videos on your websites, social media sites, and email signatures
- Include content in your newsletters or listservs
- Share information through presentations, conversations, speeches, and interviews
- Educate and train staff on what they can do in their roles as family members, friends, and professionals
- Distribute and post materials and flyers (English [1.75 MB, 2 pages], Spanish [1.5 MB, 2 pages])
- Help enroll consumers and apply to be a Certified Application Counselor (CAC) organization or Champion for Coverage
- Order free materials, including fliers, posters, and brochures (create an account, log in, and search for "Marketplace” for access)
New Health Insurance Marketplace: Opportunities for Public Health [PPT-87KB],
PDF Version [152KB]
You can adapt and customize this presentation to inform others about the Marketplace.
You can use the following messages to promote the Health Insurance Marketplace on Facebook and Twitter.
- Need health coverage? The Health Insurance Marketplace gives you a clear picture of what you’ll pay and what you’ll get before you make a choice. Visit www.healthcare.gov to learn more.
- In the Health Insurance Marketplace, you may be able to get lower costs on your monthly premium or out-of-pocket costs. Visit www.healthcare.gov to learn more.
- Beginning October 1, Americans will have a new way to find affordable health coverage—including many free preventive services—on the new Health Insurance Marketplace. www.healthcare.gov/what-are-my-preventive-care-benefits
- The Health Insurance Marketplace is gearing up for enrollment in October, but you don’t have to wait until then to get your questions answered. Find out what you can do NOW to prepare to enroll. Visit www.healthcare.gov
- Visit the new HealthCare.gov site or call 1-800-318-2596 to ask questions about enrollment. Visit www.healthcare.gov
- The Health Insurance Marketplace will let you search your health plan options in one place. Better options, better health—visit www.healthcare.gov
- Many preventive services will soon be available at no cost to patients. Visit www.healthcare.gov for more information.
- Wondering what the Health Insurance Marketplace is all about? Check out this simple video that explains what it can do for you.