Health Insurance Marketplace: Communication Toolkit for Health Agencies
Open enrollment begins November 1, 2015, and runs through January 31, 2016.
Better plans & prices may be available for 2016
The Health Insurance Marketplacelets citizens compare health coverage options and find plans that meet their needs and fit their budgets. Citizens can enroll, re-enroll, or make changes to their plan.
State, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies can help promote the Marketplace and encourage constituents to enroll, keep, or change current coverage.
To continually encourage enrollment, you can
- Post messages, graphics, and videos on your websites, social media sites, and email signatures
- Distribute and post materials like fact sheets, infographics, posters, and brochures
Share Healthcare.gov Facebook messaging on your Facebook page, and also share these statuses:
- Open Enrollment begins on November 1 and runs through January 31, 2016. Visit www.healthcare.gov to learn more and get covered.
- Need health coverage? The Health Insurance Marketplace gives you a clear picture of what you’ll pay and what you’ll get before you make a choice. Visit www.healthcare.gov to learn more.
- In the Health Insurance Marketplace, you may be able to get lower costs on your monthly premium or out-of-pocket costs. Visit www.healthcare.gov to learn more.
- Americans have a way to find affordable health coverage—including many free preventive services—on the Health Insurance Marketplace. www.healthcare.gov/what-are-my-preventive-care-benefits
Follow @HealthCareGov, retweet messages, and tweet these messages as well:
- Visit www.healthcare.gov or call 1-800-318-2596 anytime to ask questions about enrollment.
- The Health Insurance Marketplace lets you search health plan options in one place. Better options, better health—visit www.healthcare.gov
- New protections are improving the quality of coverage for all Americans. See the full list: http://1.usa.gov/1LRARjZ #ACAToday
- Prevention is the key to being your #HealthySelf. Find out what preventive services are covered under ACA: http://1.usa.gov/1LRARjZ
- Wondering what the Health Insurance Marketplace is all about? Check out this quick video that explains what it can do for you.
- Marketplace, CHIP, Medicaid. Not sure where to start? Check out LocalHelp.HealthCare.gov to find help in your area. #GetCovered
- CDC’s Health Insurance Marketplace
View information and resources about the Marketplace
- Preventive Services Covered Under the Affordable Care Act
Learn which screenings, immunizations, and other preventive services for adults, pregnant women, and children are covered under ACA
- Plain Language Benefits Information
Read about the Health Insurance Marketplace in plain language
- Key Features of the Affordable Care Act
View an infographic with the enrollment timeline and ACA benefits
- Page last reviewed: November 17, 2015
- Page last updated: November 17, 2015
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support