Have You Heard? Facts From The Field is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to provide CDC and the field with facts and news from state, tribal, local and territorial public health agencies. We invite you to read and share this information broadly.
March 12, 2015
The Million Hearts® initiative recently recognized 30 public and private healthcare practices and systems across the US as Hypertension Control Champions:
April 17, 2013
- Chicago’s Keep Your Heart Healthy program establishes unique partnerships and identifies residents most at risk for heart disease, providing comprehensive services to help them make healthy life changes.
December 17, 2012
- The Washington State Department of Health recently released a new tool for improving the screening, prevention, and management of hypertension for clinic practice teams.
August 31, 2011
- Non-diabetic participants with their blood pressure under control increased by 11% from 2007-2010 after a cardiovascular health program in Montana was implemented.
- Non-diabetic patients with their blood pressure under control increased by 15% from 2007-2009 in Kansas Quality of Care Project clinics.
- 56% of clients in Michigan's Healthy Hair/Healthy Body program made at least one healthy lifestyle change including controlling blood pressure.