Have You Heard? Facts from the Field
Have You Heard? Facts from the Field is a feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to provide CDC and the field with facts and news from state, tribal, local and territorial public health agencies. We invite you to read and share this information broadly.
September 20, 2016
- The Puerto Rico Department of Health is working with WIC clinics to provide pregnant women with
- Zika prevention counseling and education
- Vector control services, such as spraying insecticide and installing screens in their homes
- Zika prevention kits that include insect repellent, bed nets, condoms, and larvicides
- Florida’s health and education departments have partnered to protect students from Zika by
- Providing guidance and resources for public schools and state universities
- Requiring schools to have procedures in place to quickly deal with suspected cases
- Giving out insect repellent
- Linking schools with local health departments so that clinic staff can be trained in preventing and identifying Zika
- The Texas Department of State Health Services has a dedicated Zika website that outlines its Preparedness and Response Plan and has information for residents, pregnant women, and healthcare professionals.
Check out our sister product!
Did You Know? is a weekly CDC feature to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
Get Email Updates
To receive email updates about Have You Heard?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: September 20, 2016
- Page last updated: September 20, 2016
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support