Have You Heard? Facts From The Field is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to provide CDC and the field with facts and news from state, tribal, local and territorial public health agencies. We invite you to read and share this information broadly.
View the Current Have You Heard?
January 27, 2014
- The Florida Folic Acid Coalition’s Folic Acid Every Day website educates women about making healthy food choices to protect unborn babies from neural tube defects. National and state campaigns have saved the state more than $20 million [PDF 3.02MB] since 1999.
- Michigan’s Birth Defects Program makes available preconception educational materials in Arabic and English [PDF 860KB] for more than 80,000 Arabic women statewide.
- To improve birth outcomes among low income women, Illinois reimburses healthcare providers who conduct preconception risk assessments [PDF 39KB] with women of childbearing age.
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2015
- Page last updated: November 9, 2015
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support