Have You Heard? Facts From The Field is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to provide CDC and the field with facts and news from state, tribal, local and territorial public health agencies. We invite you to read and share this information broadly.
View the Current Have You Heard?
April 17, 2013
- Chicago’s Keep Your Heart Healthy program establishes unique partnerships and identifies residents most at risk for heart disease, providing comprehensive services to help them make healthy life changes.
April 5, 2013
South Carolina Medicaid is helping providers and recipients of health care by improving service options to access long-acting reversible contraception (LARC), such as IUDs and implants. This is likely to reduce the number of repeat teen and unintended births.
- Providers are now able to receive Medicaid reimbursement for inserting an IUD or contraceptive implant in the hospital after a woman has given birth or prior to discharge.
- More information can be found in the South Carolina Medicaid Bulletin, “Long Acting Birth Control Device Provided in a Hospital Setting.”
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2015
- Page last updated: November 9, 2015
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support