Have You Heard? Facts From The Field is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to provide CDC and the field with facts and news from state, tribal, local and territorial public health agencies. We invite you to read and share this information broadly.
View the Current Have You Heard?
September 26, 2012
- Certified Healthy Oklahoma is a voluntary certification program for businesses, college campuses, communities, restaurants, and schools encouraging healthy behaviors and policies.
- Communities and organizations can apply for three levels of certification: basic, merit, and excellence.
- Certified communities are also eligible to apply for incentive grants to enhance community wellness policies and activities.
- More than 480 applicants received certification last year.
September 12, 2012
Learn more about what states are doing to fight childhood obesity:
- Arizona is promoting the Let’s Move Salad Bars to Schools initiative.
- Georgia is promoting the Let's Move, Georgia Schools Challenge! to encourage school performances of the "Move Your Body" dance by Beyonce.
- Massachusetts is featuring the Mass Children at Play initiative.
- Nevada is holding the 2012 Washoe County Obesity Forum.
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2015
- Page last updated: November 9, 2015
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support