May 2012 Archives
Have You Heard? Facts From The Field is a feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to provide CDC and the field with facts and news from state, tribal, local and territorial public health agencies. We invite you to read and share this information broadly.
View the Current Have You Heard?
May 9, 2012
- Los Angeles bets on crusading doctor to turn around public health system.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health's new substance abuse and tobacco prevention campaign encourages teens to "Be the Future U."
- 56 percent of state and 53 percent of local health departments use Facebook.
May 2, 2012
- Since 2001, Wisconsin's Seal-A-Smile program has placed more than 142,000 dental sealants, which prevent tooth decay, on the teeth of more than 36,000 children.
- The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment recently identified oral health as one of the state's "10 winnable battles."
- Maryland recently launched the Healthy Teeth Healthy Kids oral health literacy campaign, to increase oral health knowledge among pregnant women and mothers of at-risk young children.