Have You Heard? Facts From The Field is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to provide CDC and the field with facts and news from state, tribal, local and territorial public health agencies. We invite you to read and share this information broadly.
View the Current Have You Heard?
June 12, 2012
- Mississippi State Department of Health employees shed over 1,600 pounds after participating in a six-month Healthiest Loser weight loss competition.
- Effective June 1, Mississippi school districts can open their recreational facilities after school hours [PDF - 96KB] for communities to use for physical activity.
- The city of Hernando was named the Healthiest Town in Mississippi in 2010 and awarded a $50,000 grant for health and wellness projects.
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2015
- Page last updated: November 9, 2015
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support