Have You Heard? Facts From The Field is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to provide CDC and the field with facts and news from state, tribal, local and territorial public health agencies. We invite you to read and share this information broadly.
View the Current Have You Heard?
August 15, 2012
- Became the second state to support breastfeeding by banning free infant formula giveaways in maternity hospitals.
- Established a Board of Certification of Community Health Workers, covering individual community health workers and training programs.
- Expanded its model, comprehensive anti-obesity initiative, Mass in Motion.
- Issued an Executive Order that bans tobacco use at most state buildings and grounds.
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2015
- Page last updated: November 9, 2015
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support