Have You Heard? Facts from the Field
Have You Heard? Facts from the Field is a feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to provide CDC and the field with facts and news from state, tribal, local and territorial public health agencies. We invite you to read and share this information broadly.
July 1, 2016
- The Boston Public Health Commission and Center for Social Policy at the University of Massachusetts Boston recently published a Health Impact Assessment of Boston’s Living Wage Ordinance [PDF-3.8MB] that analyzed the relationship between health and socioeconomic status.
- The report determined that raising the living wage for the lowest paid workers in Boston by $3 an hour would result in their improved mental and physical health, including notable decreases in anxiety, hunger, and chronic health conditions.
Check out our sister product!
Did You Know? is a weekly CDC feature to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
Get Email Updates
To receive email updates about Have You Heard?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: July 1, 2016
- Page last updated: July 1, 2016
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support