Have You Heard? Facts from the Field
Have You Heard? Facts from the Field is a feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to provide CDC and the field with facts and news from state, tribal, local and territorial public health agencies. We invite you to read and share this information broadly.
October 18, 2016
- Across the United States, fish are affected by pollutants in the bodies of water where they live; Michigan’s Eat Safe Fish resource provides information about how to make safer choices when choosing, cleaning, and cooking fish from the state’s 11,000 lakes, streams, and rivers.
- The Lower Sioux Indian Community and the American Indian Cancer Foundation have developed a sustainable food system policy that encourages growing indigenous foods in community gardens.
Check out our sister product!
Did You Know? is a weekly CDC feature to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
Get Email Updates
To receive email updates about Have You Heard?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: October 18, 2016
- Page last updated: October 18, 2016
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support