Training and Education
"Did You Know?" is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
View the Current "Did You Know?"
November 2, 2012
Communities of practice are groups of people who work together to fix common problems in areas they all care about.
You can join public health professionals nationwide in launching collaborative communities
- CDC offers a
resource kit to help you use communities of practice in your public health work.
March 2, 2012
- Chronic diseases account for 70% of all deaths in the United States.
- Thirty-seven CDC-funded Prevention Research Centers (PRCs) develop and test chronic disease prevention programs and interventions through partnerships with public health agencies.
- The PRCs provide health promotion and disease prevention trainings to nearly 2,900 public health employees a year; check out the online catalog of trainings.
January 27, 2012
- CDC Learning Connection Quick Learns provides lessons you can complete in 20 minutes or less.
- CDC TRAIN provides access to the largest collection of learning available for the public health community.
- Learning for STLT professionals was featured in the CDC Learning Connection Spotlight.