Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
August 19, 2016
- As of August 2016, more than 1,000 pregnant women in US states and territories showed laboratory evidence of Zika virus infection, which can cause birth defects.
- CDC recommends that all pregnant women in US states and territories be assessed for Zika virus exposure at each prenatal care visit.
- Doctors and other healthcare professionals can use CDC tools and guidance to help them talk with pregnant patients about Zika.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: July 22, 2016
- Page last updated: July 22, 2016
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support