Did You Know?
"Did You Know?" is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
November 20, 2015
- Genes are not the only factors that impact health. The conditions in which people live, work, and play affect a wide range of health and quality-of-life outcomes and risks.
- CDC programs partner with communities to address social factors that can influence health, such as housing, education, and transportation.
- Public health practitioners can access many resources, such as a toolkit for addressing obesity disparities, on the new Social Determinants of Health website.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: November 13, 2015
- Page last updated: November 13, 2015
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support