Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
May 27, 2016
- About 1 in 8 routine inspections of public pools and hot tubs lead to immediate closure because of health or safety violations.
- Serious health violations, like not having enough chlorine and improper pH, can lead to an outbreak of recreational water illnesses.
- To protect against illness and injury, swimmers should check for these four things before getting into pools, hot tubs, or other places with treated water.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: March 11, 2016
- Page last updated: March 11, 2016
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support