Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
June 24, 2016
- Sales of—and deaths from—prescription opioids have nearly quadrupled in the United States since 1999.
- At least 26 states require prescribers to check prescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs)—electronic systems that track dispensing of controlled substances—before writing an opioid prescription.
- You can learn how states are using PDMPs, along with other strategies to improve public health, in CDC’s Prevention Status Reports.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: June 10, 2016
- Page last updated: June 10, 2016
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support