Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
September 30, 2016
- Despite the benefits of regular exercise, 31 million adults aged 50 years or older are inactive.
- Many chronic conditions can be prevented or managed [PDF-1.6MB] with physical activity.
- Communities can create a culture that supports physical activity by making design enhancements and offering healthy lifestyle programs.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: September 2, 2016
- Page last updated: September 2, 2016
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support