Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
August 26, 2016
- Sepsis is the body’s overwhelming and life-threatening response to an infection.
- Sepsis begins outside the hospital for nearly 80% of patients, yet 7 in 10 patients with sepsis had recently used healthcare services or had chronic diseases requiring frequent medical care.
- Health departments can help advance sepsis prevention and promote early recognition, vaccination, and chronic disease management in healthcare and community settings―read how states and health organizations are improving sepsis survival.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: July 22, 2016
- Page last updated: July 22, 2016
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support