Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
December 9, 2016
- As many as 1 in 100 women in the United States may have a bleeding disorder, but many are unaware of their condition.
- Signs of a bleeding disorder can include heavy menstrual periods or heavy or prolonged bleeding after childbirth, surgery, or injury.
- Public health and healthcare professionals can use and share screening tools [PDF-126KB] and other resources to help women determine whether they are at risk for bleeding disorders.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: September 2, 2016
- Page last updated: September 2, 2016
- Content source: