Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
December 2, 2016
- About 1 in 10 [PDF-2.4MB] HIV diagnoses are among people who inject drugs.
- According to the latest Vital Signs, in 22 US cities, only about 25% of people who inject drugs get all their syringes from sterile sources like syringe services programs.
- Health departments can work with law enforcement and local leaders to expand access to syringe services programs, where permitted by law.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: September 2, 2016
- Page last updated: September 2, 2016
- Content source: