Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
October 21, 2016
- Dental sealants prevent 80% of cavities in the back teeth (molars), where most cavities occur.
- School-aged children without dental sealants have almost 3 times more cavities than those with sealants―according to the latest Vital Signs report.
- States can protect millions more children from cavities by starting or expanding dental sealant programs in schools.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: September 2, 2016
- Page last updated: September 2, 2016
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support