Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
February 12, 2016
- In 2013, among students who dated, 21% of girls and 10% of boys reported physical and/or sexual violence from a dating partner.
- Teen victims of dating violence are more likely to use tobacco, drugs, and alcohol and to have symptoms of depression.
- Local health departments, schools, and community partners can use the Dating Matters Capacity Assessment and Planning Tool (DM-CAPT) to start or improve comprehensive initiatives to prevent teen dating violence.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: January 8, 2016
- Page last updated: January 8, 2016
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support