"Did You Know?" is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
View the Current "Did You Know?"
April 27, 2012
- 1 out of every 3 deaths (32%) [PDF-1MB] in construction is due to falls, the leading cause of work-related injury deaths.
- A new national campaign to prevent falls in construction encourages working safely and using the right equipment.
- By visiting the Stop Construction Falls website, you can learn how to prevent falls at construction worksites and what you can do to get involved in the national campaign.
April 20, 2012
- The injury death rate among children dropped nearly 30% over the last decade, yet injury is still the leading cause of death among children.
- More than 9,000 children died from injuries in the United States in 2009.
- States and communities can align their child safety efforts with the new National Action Plan for Child Injury Prevention.
April 13, 2012
- National Infant Immunization Week (April 21 – 28) celebrates the power to protect infants from 14 vaccine-preventable diseases before age two.
- 42,000 lives are saved and 20 million cases of disease are prevented for each U.S. birth cohort using the current childhood immunization schedule.
- New public service announcements and other multimedia resources are available to download and share during National Infant Immunization Week and year-round.
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2015
- Page last updated: November 9, 2015
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support