Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
View the Current Did You Know?
December 16, 2011
- The Environmental Public Health Tracking Network's improved data query system makes it easier to view environmental and health data for counties and states.
- The Tracking Network now includes climate and health data related to heat events and community design content.
- Public health professionals can use Tracking Network data to identify health trends, develop interventions, and address local environmental public health concerns.
December 9, 2011
- The new National Research Agenda for Public Health Services and Systems advances scientific studies on how best to organize, finance, and deliver public health strategies.
- More evidence about public health systems and support is needed to implement effective strategies to promote health in every community.
- Expanded research on public health systems will allow every community to enjoy the benefits of prevention.
December 2, 2011
- 1.2 million people in the United States have HIV; 1 in 5 don't know it.
- There is new hope for stopping HIV: HIV care and medicines help keep people with HIV healthy and can prevent HIV transmission to others.
- We have more proven prevention tools than ever to help stop the spread of HIV; however, continued and intensified efforts are needed.
Did You Know? information and web links are current as of their publication date. They may become outdated over time.
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2015
- Page last updated: October 17, 2016
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support