Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
January 29, 2016
- Many Americans have problems using or understanding common health information, such as prescription directions or immunization charts.
- Public health organizations should have a plan to ensure that their health messages are understandable.
- CDC’s Everyday Words for Public Health Communication [PDF-360KB] suggests substitute wording for difficult public health terms and offers tips to make information clearer.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: January 8, 2016
- Page last updated: January 8, 2016
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support