Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
April 29, 2016
- Birth facilities that support breastfeeding can increase the likelihood that new mothers will start and continue breastfeeding, which can improve the child’s health.
- Data from CDC’s Prevention Status Reports show that in many states, birth facilities are improving breastfeeding support; in 2015, 15 states rated “green” on their breastfeeding support practices, up from only 5 states in 2013.
- You can see how your state rates on policies and practices to address nutrition and other important health concerns in the latest Prevention Status Reports.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: March 11, 2016
- Page last updated: March 11, 2016
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support