Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
October 14, 2016
- Almost 15 million US adults with arthritis have severe joint pain, according to a new study.
- By 2040, the number of adults with arthritis will increase from 53 million to 78 million, and the number with severe joint pain also may increase.
- Proven physical activity and self-management education programs can reduce or manage arthritis pain without prescription opioids or other drugs.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: September 2, 2016
- Page last updated: September 2, 2016
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support