About CDC for Public Health Professionals
Health Official Packet
In an effort to keep both new and existing health officials informed, the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support (OSTLTS) developed an informational packet that includes information on CDC's organizational structure; CDC Center, Institute, and Office (CIO) factsheets; leadership bios; and an overview of CDC history.
CDC is one of the 11 operating divisions within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), which is the principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans.
The resources below provide more information about CDC's role, leadership, and organization, such as how public health professionals and agencies can collaborate with CDC and how to find CDC technical assistance.
Resources for Public Health Professionals
- Examples of Resources Available to State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Health Agencies [PDF-176KB]
- New Health Official Resources
- Colleague–to–Colleague Resources [PDF-700KB]
Selected CDC Office of the Director and Staff Offices
- Page last reviewed: September 21, 2016
- Page last updated: September 21, 2016
- Content source:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support