Performance Management and Quality Improvement
Today, more than ever, there is growing interest, awareness, and momentum for the promise of performance management and quality improvement. Other sectors – such as industry, healthcare organizations, and business – have successfully used these concepts and tools to improve service delivery and process performance. In public health settings, performance management and quality improvement tools are being promoted and supported as an opportunity to increase the effectiveness of public health agencies, systems, and services.
The concepts, resources and links provided on these pages are intended to support state, tribal, local and territorial health departments as they head down the path of improving their performance.
Definitions and Concepts
- Key definitions, basic methods and tools.
Stories from the Field
- Information and experiences from state and local jurisdictions
Performance Improvement Managers Network (PIM Network)
- Information on the Performance Improvement Managers and PIM Network virtual community.
- Links to print resources, webinars, and websites with information about performance management and quality improvement.
The Public Health Journey
- A brief overview of some key milestones and initiatives that have advanced performance management and quality improvement in public health.
Data and Benchmarks
- Key links for sites that provide data or benchmarks - a critical component of performance management
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support
4770 Buford Highway, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341
- Email OSTLTS