Public Health Foundation
Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer
Director, Learning Resource Center
Director, Performance Management and Quality Improvement
The Public Health Foundation (PHF) is a national, nonprofit, nonmembership organization whose mission is to improve the public’s health by strengthening the quality and performance of public health practice. PHF’s target audience includes public health organizations, practitioners, researchers, teachers, and students; primary care and other healthcare organizations; first-responders; policymakers; media; and the general public.
Selected OSTLTS-funded projects
- CDC learning materials promotion: PHF is tasked with increasing the reach of CDC’s promotional messages and learning materials through enhanced social media capacity and activities of PHF’s Learning Resource Center.
- Leadership development: PHF works to enhance the leadership skills of state health department training coordinators (TRAIN administrators).
- National Public Health Performance Standards Program promotion: PHF works to expand and enhance use of the National Public Health Performance Standards Program (NPHPSP) assessment instruments, tools, and data by providing partners with information on the impact NPHPSP activities have on promoting and improving public health system performance. PHF also demonstrates how effectively using information and resources from the NPHPSP Online Resource Center and Reporting System can contribute to quality improvement.
- Performance management and quality improvement training, technical assistance, and resources: PHF provides performance management and quality improvement (PMQI) technical assistance and training to public health agencies and systems and works to expand access to and use of PMQI resources to improve performance and increase positive health impact of public health organizations. PMQI products include onsite training and facilitation workshops; distance coaching and implementation support; white papers, demonstrations, and program narratives; and resources and tools.
- Promotion of public health as a career for minority populations: PHF piloted a program designed to increase the number of minority undergraduate students who pursue a career in public health with Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University and is developing a plan to expand the pilot to other colleges and universities with a mission to serve minority populations.
- Public health professional training: PHF works to increase access to and use of quality training for public health professionals (TRAIN).
- Public health workforce development support: PHF is funded to enhance academic and practice linkages to support development, recruitment, and retention of a highly skilled and competent public health workforce. This work is accomplished through the development of evidence-supported recruitment and retention strategies; assistance with the use of the Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals; and establishment of a national Academic Health Department Learning Community.
Selected CDC-funded projects
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support
4770 Buford Highway, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341
- Email OSTLTS