Improving Administration of Financial Assistance
Improving the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Administration of Financial Assistance to State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Health Departments
Working with ASTHO, CDC is reviewing its grant process to improve clarity and transparency. The report, Improving the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Administration of Financial Assistance to State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Health Departments [PDF-283KB], highlights the work that CDC has completed to address specific questions posed by ASTHO's Senior Deputies Committee in five areas:
- Increase understanding of grants within the context of the laws and regulations under which grants are formed.
- Clearly identify and promote the specific methods used by CDC in implementing grants policies.
- Promote awareness and understanding of the organization of PGO, its position in CDC, and its relationship to CDC Centers, Institutes, and Offices.
- Provide easier access to PGO when grantees need guidance as they apply for and administer grants.
- Explain CDC internal processes so grantees have insight into the workings of PGO, the flow of information, and the progress of any requested actions.