National Public Health Improvement Initiative
2011 National Public Health Improvement Initiative (NPHII)
March 30 – April 1, 2011
The NPHII Grantee meeting was held on March 30 – Friday, April 1, 2011 at the Emory Conference Center in Atlanta, Georgia. This meeting brought together NPHII Performance Improvement Managers (PIM), grantees, Capacity Building Assistance partners, Senior Public Health Advisors, Performance Officers, subject matter experts, CDC staff, and others to learn, share best practices, build and refine performance improvement skills, and network with one another.
- Meeting agenda: At-A-Glance Agenda [PDF-59KB]
- Meeting program book: NPHII Grantee Meeting Program [PDF-285KB]
- Meeting Presentations: NPHII Grantee Meeting Presentations
The meeting summary and evaluation report [PDF - 4.4MB] is now available!
The National Public Health Improvement Initiative provides resources to public health departments across the country to systematically increase the performance management capacity to ensure that public health goals are effectively and efficiently met. These efforts also increase their ability and capacity to meet national, voluntary public health accreditation standards. To sustain and support this initiative, CDC inaugurated the National Performance Improvement Network, consisting of performance managers from state, tribal, local and territorial public health departments from across the country who may use various performance improvement models to conduct this critical work. The Network will:
- Help health departments apply national performance standards, including readiness for accreditation
- Document and exchange best practices to optimize return on investment
- Help drive consistency, accountability, and continuous quality improvement of services
If you have any questions, please send us an e-mail at NPHIIGranteeMeeting@cdc.gov.
For more information, please visit: NPHII Web Page