Budget, Grants, & Funding
Grants and funding for STLTs
- CDC Grant Funding Profiles tool—Provides quick access to information about CDC funding provided to health departments, universities, and other public and private agencies in the 50 states, District of Columbia, and US territories.
- Direct Assistance for Assigning CDC Staff to State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Health Agencies
- Expediting the Federal Grant Process with an Administrative Partner
- Funding opportunities
- Grant writing guidance and tips
Public health system financing
- For the Public’s Health: Investing in a Healthier Future
- Investing in America’s Health: A State-by-State Look at Public Health Funding and Key Health Facts
- Prevention for a Healthier America: Investments in Disease Prevention Yield Significant Savings, Stronger Communities [PDF-805KB]
- Public Health Financing (overview) [PPT-4MB], PDF Version [639KB]
Financial Management Training
This presentation serves as a tutorial on the basics of the federal budget and financial management, including budget processes; appropriations law; contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements; spending and operating plans; budget execution; and more.