Appropriations Process and Materials
CDC Financial Management Office budget information
CDC budget formulation and execution fall under the leadership of the Financial Management Office (FMO). This site includes CDC's budget submissions (the Congressional Justification or CJ), appropriations and budget hearing information, performance materials, and background materials on the budget and legislative process.
- CDC/ATSDR budget information
- Performance information tied to budget
- Tutorial on the basics of the Federal budget and financial management
FMO Financial Management Presentation [PPT-1.8MB]
FMO Financial Management Presentation (508 compliant) [PDF-1.3MB]
Office of Management and Budget
As the implementation and enforcement arm of Presidential policy government-wide, the Office of Management and Budget carries out its mission through five critical processes that are essential to the President's ability to plan and implement priorities across the Executive Branch:
- Budget development and execution, a significant government-wide process managed from the Executive Office of the President and a mechanism by which the President implements decisions, policies, priorities, and actions in all areas (e.g. economic recovery, health care, energy policy, national security)
- Management and oversight of agency performance, federal procurement, financial management, and information/IT (including paperwork reduction, privacy, and security)
- Coordination and review of all significant federal regulations by executive agencies to reflect Presidential priorities and to ensure that economic and other impacts are assessed as part of regulatory decision-making, along with review and assessment of information collection requests
- Legislative clearance and coordination (review and clearance of all agency communications with Congress, including testimony and draft bills) to ensure consistency of agency legislative views and proposals with Presidential policy
- Executive Orders and Presidential Memoranda to agency heads and officials, which are the mechanisms by which the President directs specific government-wide actions by Executive Branch officials
The following are the most recent fiscal year (FY) President's budgets.
U.S. House of Representatives' Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
This U.S House subcommittee also known as Labor-HHS-Education oversees appropriations for Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Operational Divisions, including CDC.
U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions
This U.S. Senate subcommittee also known as HELP oversees appropriations for HHS Operational Divisions, including CDC.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support
4770 Buford Highway, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341
- Email OSTLTS