2012 National STD Conference
Are you interested in receiving continuing education credits for your participation in the archived STD Prevention Conference? If so, details about which credit types are available and how to receive credit are below:
Continuing Education Accreditation
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention designates this archived activity for a maximum of 16.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education designated for Non-Physicians:
Non-physicians will receive a certificate of participation.
Continuing Nursing Education for Nurses (CNE):
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is accredited as a provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This activity provides 15.9 contact hours.
IACET Continuing Education Units (CEU):
The CDC has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102. The CDC is authorized by IACET to offer 1.8 ANSI/IACET CEUs for this program.
Continuing Education Contact Hours in Health Education (CECH):
Sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. This program is designed for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) to receive up to 18 Category I CECH in health education. CDC provider number GA0082.
To receive CE credit for attending the archived conference, an evaluation must be completed at CDC’s Training and Continuing Education Online site by April 12, 2014: www2a.cdc.gov/TCEOnline
- Go to the CDC Training and Continuing Education Online at www2a.cdc.gov/TCEOnline. If you have not registered on as a participant, click on New Participant to create a user ID and password; otherwise click on Participant Login.
- Once logged on to the CDC Training and Continuing Education Online website, you will be on the Participant Services page. Click on Search and Register and enter WD1902.
- Scroll down to the Register Here section of the page. Click on the type of continuing education credit that you would like to receive and then Submit. A few demographic questions will come up. Complete the questions and then Submit.
- A message will come up thanking you for registering for the course.
- Complete and Submit the evaluation for each session you attended. A record of your course completion and your CE certificate will be located in the Transcript and Certificate section of the Participant Services page. Print out a copy of your certificate and send it to the appropriate accrediting agency (ACCME, ANCC, NCHEC, etc.) so that they will have a record of your certificate.