- SASSI - Self-directed and STD-focused SAS Instruction (March 6, 2013)
- STD Picture Cards - printable cards illustrating symptoms of STDs. (January 7, 2008)
- Ready-To-Use Curriculum for Clinical Educators - contains STD curricular materials (slides, notes, test questions, case studies) which can be downloaded for use in the clinical training program classroom.
- STD 101 in a Box - contains ready-to-use presentations on basic STD topics for use in workshops or other educational settings. It includes a user's guide with suggested agendas, discussion questions, and a script for an interactive group exercise (with a demonstration animation).
- STD Clinical Slides - The STD Clinical slides depict symptoms for 9 sexually transmitted diseases. The slides are available in ready-to-use Microsoft PowerPoint slide shows or as individual graphic files for inclusion in slide shows or documents.
The Association for Prevention Teaching and Research (APTR) STD Prevention Fellowship is a one-year post-doctoral fellowship based and completed at the CDC, with the goal of the fellowship being to provide a well-rounded training experience for future leaders in the field of STD Prevention. Under supervision and mentorship, fellows will pursue one or more research projects directly relevant to careers in public health, and will receive research training that emphasizes STD epidemiology, behavioral sciences, prevention and/or service delivery.
Fellowships are typically announced in October with applications due by mid-December. Application materials will be available on the APTR web site. For more information, contact the Health Professions Training and Education Unit at email@example.com or (404) 639-8360.