Men account for the most cases of syphilis, with the vast majority of those cases occurring among men who have sex with men (MSM).
- STD Surveillance 2014 - Syphilis (November 17, 2015)
- Syphilis Profiles 2013 (February 9, 2015)
- Primary and Secondary Syphilis — United States, 2005–2013 - MMWR May 9, 2014
- Incidence, Prevalence, and Cost of Sexually Transmitted Infections in the United States (February 13, 2013)
- Syphilis in Your Area
- STD Health Equity
- Syphilis Surveillance Annual Report (All Years)
Primary and Secondary Syphilis — Reported Cases* by Stage, Sex, and Sexual Behavior, 2014
* Of the reported male cases of primary and secondary syphilis, 18.8% were missing sex of sex partner information.
† MSW = men who have sex with women only; MSM = men who have sex with men.
Image Source: Figure 41 from STD Surveillance 2014
- Page last reviewed: November 17, 2015
- Page last updated: November 17, 2015
- Content source: