STD-related Reproductive Health, Prevention, Training, and Technical Assistance Centers (STDRHPTTACs)
CDC, in collaboration with the Office of Population Affairs of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), supports JSI Research & Training Institute to manage a national training and technical assistance center with the primary objective of providing billing and reimbursement training and technical assistance to state and local STD programs, public health laboratories, and to clinics providing publicly-funded STD services in the US and its territories. Overall, these activities will support and strengthen the implementation of third-party billing and reimbursement systems and delivery of STD services.
The types of available technical assistance include:
- Tailor That Tool: Join a small group to help you tailor your superbill or policy documents to the needs of your organization.
- Next Steps Coaching: Sign up for a two-hour coaching session with a billing expert. After the meeting, the coach will send you a summary, including recommended next steps and the option to meet again.
- Virtual Office Hours: Call the office line (617) 385-3614 on Wednesdays from 1-2 pm ET to talk to a billing expert. No appointment is necessary.
- Billing tools from the billing toolkit: learn how to develop billing systems, manage revenue, initiate contracts and enhance ICD-10 coding capacity.
For additional information and to request billing technical assistance, visit stdtac.org.
Third Party Billing for Public Health STD Services - An overview of national data collected to better understand the current status and capacity for billing for STD services, training and technical assistance needs for STD-certified 340B clinics, state or project area STD programs, and state public health laboratories.
- Page last reviewed: November 20, 2012
- Page last updated: March 7, 2014
- Content source: