STD*MIS 5.2 Upgrade Install
Do not use this installation program if you are installing STD*MIS for the first time. To do a first-time installation of STD*MIS 5.2, (with empty databases), contact your STD*MIS Support Team Member for assistance in installing a new system.
It is recommended that you read these instructions completely before upgrading STD*MIS.
The upgrade of STD*MIS 5.1 to version 5.2 is a simple process. An upgrade program is run to convert the database to the proper format and to install the updated system files.
- Make sure that all users are logged out of the system and that you have a current backup of your database.
- Create a new temporary folder on the same machine where your current STD*MIS system is installed.
- Download the 5.2 database upgrade program (ADS_51_to_52_Upgrade.zip) into the temporary folder you just created. Open Windows Explorer, navigate to the temporary folder and locate the ADS_51_to_52_Upgrade.zip file you just downloaded. Double-click on that file to extract the 5.2 upgrade files.
- Copy the following 3 files from your current STD*MIS 5.1 production folder into the temporary upgrade folder - Ads.ini, Ace32.dll, Axcws32.dll. These are the Advantage client files that will allow the upgrade program to connect with the Advantage server.
- You are now ready to run the upgrade. Using Windows Explorer, go to the temporary upgrade folder and locate the file named Upgrad52.exe. Double-click on this file to start the database upgrade program. Follow the program prompts to complete the database upgrade. Once the upgrade program has completed, the updated 5.2 system is ready for use.
Direct questions to the STD*MIS Support Team at 404-639-8356.