STD*MIS 4.1 Upgrade Install
Do not use this installation program if you are installing STD*MIS for the first time. To do a first-time installation of STD*MIS, (with empty databases), use the Full Installation.
It is recommended that you read these instructions completely before upgrading STD*MIS.
The upgrade of STD*MIS 4.0 to version 4.1 is a two step process. In the first step, an upgrade program is run to convert the database to the proper format. Once that step is completed, the updated 4.1 program and report files are installed.
- Make sure that all users are logged out of the system and that you have a current backup of your database.
- Create a new temporary folder on the same machine where your current STD*MIS system is installed.
- Download the 4.1 database upgrade program (Upgra41.zip) into the temporary folder you just created. Open Windows Explorer, navigate to the temporary folder and locate the Upgra41.zip file you just downloaded. Double-click on Upgra41.zip to extract the 4.1 upgrade program files.
- After unzipping the Upgra41 file, the temporary folder will now contain a number of files. Using Windows Explorer, locate the file named Upgra41.exe. Double-click on this file to start the database upgrade program. Follow the program prompts to complete the database upgrade.
- Once the database upgrade is complete, you are now ready to install the new 4.1 program files and reports. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to your current STD*MIS folder.
- Download the new 4.1 system and report files (41_Files.zip) into your current STD*MIS folder. Using Windows Explorer, locate the 41_Files.zip file you just downloaded. Double-click on 41_Files.zip to extract the new 4.1 program and report files and overwrite your existing files.
- After unzipping the 41_Files file, look in your current STD*MIS folder and locate the file labeled IR_Entry_41.pdf. This file contains a brief reference guide to changes in the interview record entry in version 4.1. Print this document out for your reference.
- If you DO NOT USE the Ascii Import function to import electronic laboratory or morbidity records, the system is now ready for use. If you DO USE the Ascii Import function to import electronic laboratory or morbidity records, please continue with the steps below.
- Log in to the system as an administrator.
- From the Main Menu, go to Utilities, Import Data, ASCII Imports. Select either Lab or Morbidity Import, whichever one you are currently using. From the Import Selection screen, press the F8 key. This is an undocumented feature that allows updating of master ASCII import data without affecting any locally defined imports. You will then be presented with a prompt asking you to confirm the update. Select Update to allow the update to proceed.
Direct questions to the STD*MIS Support Team at 404-639-8356.