STD*MIS - 4.0 Upgrade Install
Do not use this installation program if you are installing STD*MIS for the first time. To do a first-time installation of STD*MIS, (with empty databases), use the Full Installation.
It is recommended that you print these instructions before installing STD*MIS.
To download the upgrade of STD*MIS 3.4 to version 4.0 and install it from a local or network hard drive:
- Create a new folder (STDMIS40) where the 4.0 system will be located. Do not attempt to run this upgrade program from within your current STD*MIS folder.
- Download the 4.0 upgrade install file (40_Upgrade.zip) to the new STD*MIS 4.0 folder you just created. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your new STD*MIS 4.0 folder. Double-click on 40_Upgrade.zip to extract the 4.0 upgrade files.
- Looking in the new STD*MIS 4.0 folder, locate and print the file labeled 4x_Upgrade.doc. This document contains instructions on upgrading your current 3.4 system to 4.0 as well as other useful information on configuring the new 4.0 system for use.
- Looking in the new STD*MIS 4.0 folder, locate and print the files labeled SAS.doc and Faq.doc. SAS.doc contains instructions on installing PC SAS for use with the new 4.0 system and Faq.doc contains a list of frequently asked questions about STD*MIS 4.0.
- Use the instructions in 4x_Upgrade.doc to convert your current 3.4 database to 4.0 format and to configure your 4.0 system for use.
Direct questions to the STD*MIS Support Team at 404-639-8356.