National Network of STD Clinical Prevention Training Centers (NNPTC)
The application period for this FOA is now closed. This information is for historical and educational purposes only.
Funding Opportunity Announcement
The National Network of STD Clinical Prevention Training Centers (NNPTC) funding opportunity announcement creates a National Network of STD Clinical Prevention Training Centers that will comprise up to eight regional and six national centers of excellence. The prevention training centers will develop, disseminate and evaluate training and training assistance to improve STD care at the individual health care clinician, clinical organization, and health care system levels.
Awardees are expected to be notified in August, 2014. By the end of the 5-year project period in 2019, the following outcomes will be achieved:
- Ensured that training activities and resources were used for identified training needs and service gaps;
- Increased health professional knowledge and skill to screen, diagnose, treat and counsel those with STDs;
- Improved health professional practice with regard to prevention and clinical management of STDs;
- Increased organizational and system-level capacity to prevent STDs;
- Increased number of persons at risk for STDs receiving appropriate screening, diagnosis and treatment; and
- Increased reach to a network of health professionals and partners who can prevent STDs and promote high quality STD clinical care.
These outcomes will help the NNPTC reach the long-term impact of increased integration of STD clinical preventive services into primary care; decreased transmission of STD in the community; and decreased morbidity and mortality from STDs and related health outcomes across the U.S.
The application deadline is May 6, 2014.
January 31, 2014 - Publication of NNPTC FOA
February 27, 2014, 2:00 pm - Informational conference call for potential applicants
April 1, 2014 - Letter of Intent (LOI) Deadline
April 4, 2014 - Deadline to submit questions to NNPTCFOA@cdc.gov
- Page last reviewed: March 4, 2013
- Page last updated: March 4, 2013
- Content source: