STD AAPPS Archive
The application period for this FOA closed on Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. U.S. E.S.T. The information on the Applicant Resources pages is for historical and educational purposes only.
STD AAPPs Development
- Considerations for the FY2014 STD Program FOA Funding Formula Division of STD Prevention Webinar (Requires registration) (August 30, 2012)
Links and Citations from the FOA
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance 2011. Atlanta: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; 2012 http://www.cdc.gov/std/stats11/toc.htm
- Regional Health Information: see website for further information http://www.healthit.gov/providers-professionals/meaningful-use-definition-objectives
- Interventions Table - This document will be updated frequently. Check the date on the attachment to ensure you are reading the latest version.
- Satterwhite CL, et al. Sexually transmitted infections among U.S. women and men: Prevalence and incidence estimates, 2008. Sex Transm Dis 2013; 40(3): pp. 187-193
Part I. Overview Information
Part II. Full Text
- Owusu-Edusei K, Chesson HW, Gift TL, et al. The estimated direct medical cost of selected sexually transmitted infections in the United States, 2008. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 40(3):197-201, March, 2013
- CBO’s May 2013 Estimate of the Effects of the Affordable Care Act on Health Insurance Coverage.
- Hall, Mark A., and Rosenbaum, Sara. The Health Care “Safety Net” in a Post-Reform World. New Brunswick: Rutgers UP, 2012. Print.
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, Pub. L. No. 111-148, 124 Stat. 119, amended by Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010, Pub. L. No. 111-152, 124 Stat. 1029 (codified as amended in scattered sections of 42 U.S.C.).
- Institute of Medicine. 2012. Primary Care and Public Health: Exploring Integration to Improve Population Health. Washington, DC. The National Academies Press.
Promotion of Health Information Technology 2009, Pub. L. No. 111–5, Stat. 227
- Wasserheit, J.N. and Aral, S.O. 1996. The Dynamic Typology of Sexually Transmitted Disease Epidemics: Implications for Prevention Strategies. Journal of Infectious Diseases 174 (Suppl 2); S201-13.
- Blanchard, J.F. and Aral, S.O. 2010. Program Science: an initiative to improve the planning, implementation and evaluation of HIV/sexually transmitted infection prevention programmes. Sexually Transmitted Infections 2012 87:2-3.
Funding Opportunity Description
CDC Project Description:
- Institute of Medicine. 1988. The Future of Public Health. Washington, DC: National Academy Press
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Update to CDC’s Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2010: Oral Cephalosporins No Longer a Recommended Treatment for Gonococcal Infections. MMWR 2012; 61: 590-594. www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6131a3.htm?s_cid=mm6131a3_w
- Cephalosporin-Resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae Public Health Response Plan: www.cdc.gov/std/treatment/Ceph-R-ResponsePlanJuly30-2012.pdf
- Frieden, T.R. 2010. A framework for public health action: The health impact pyramid. American Journal of Public Health. 100(4):590-595
- Green, Lawrence W. and Marshall W. Kreuter. Health Program Planning: An Educational and Ecological Approach. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2005. Print.
- Framework for Program Evaluation in Public Health
Application and Submission Information:
Award Administration Information: