CDC Facebook Comment Policy:
Thank you for being a fan of CDC on Facebook. CDC participates in Facebook in order to engage individuals and organizations in leading healthier lives. CDC provides content on Facebook to encourage participation with our science-based messages and discussion of health information.
If you have any health questions, please contact CDC-INFO. The CDC-INFO National Contact Center is your single source for accurate, timely, consistent, and science-based information. Representatives are available 24/7 to answer your questions in English and Spanish.
While we encourage fans to share thoughts and opinions on the CDC Facebook page, we expect that this will be done in a respectful manner.
CDC does not agree with or endorse every comment that individuals post on our pages. Our goal is to share ideas and information with as many individuals as possible and our policy is to accept the majority of comments made to our profile.
Therefore, a comment will be deleted if it contains:
- Hate speech,
- Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity,
- Nudity in profile pictures,
- Defamation to a person or people,
- Name calling and/or personal attacks,
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product,
- Comments that infringe on copyrights,
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile,
- Links to non-federal sites, and
- Other comments that the CDC Social Media team deems inappropriate.
All links posted as comments on CDC posts will be reviewed and may be deleted.
Repeated violations of the CDC comment policy may cause the author to be blocked from the CDC Facebook page.
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech or respond politely
Please contact SocialMedia@cdc.gov if you have any questions.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO