Become a CDC Science Ambassador
How to Participate
Submit your Information
To be considered for participation in the 2014 Science Ambassador Workshop, please send the following information as e-mail attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2014:
- Curriculum vitæ or résumé
- Recommendation letter from your school's principal, department chair, or a colleague
- Recommendation letters can be submitted directly from the above via e-mail. Use the subject line: Science Ambassador Recommendation for [NAME]
- Personal statement (500 words or less) explaining your interest in the workshop, your expectations of the workshop, and how the workshop aligns with your teaching goals
Space is limited. Teachers are encouraged to submit their information early.
A Science Ambassador team member will contact you to schedule a phone interview in May 2014. The purpose of this interview is to:
- Learn more about your teaching goals and how they align with the goals of CDC's Science Ambassador program
- Identify any specific public health science topics of interest
- Discuss the workshop's purpose and activities
- Answer any questions that you might have
Notification of acceptance to participate will be no later than June 1, 2014.
|April 15, 2014||Deadline to submit your information|
|May 2014||Phone interviews|
|June 1, 2014||Notification of final acceptance|
|July 21-25, 2014||Science Ambassador Workshop|
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.