Apply now to be a 2015 Science Ambassador.
The workshop takes place July 20 - 24, 2015.
The following materials are needed to apply for the workshop.
Curriculum vitae or résumé
Recommendation letter from your school's principal, department chair, or a colleague
- Recommendation letters can be sent via e-mail. Use the subject line: Science Ambassador Recommendation for [NAME]
Personal statement (500 words or less) explaining your interest in the workshop, your expectations of the workshop, and how the workshop aligns with your teaching goals
Space is limited. Teachers are encouraged to submit their information early.
A Science Ambassador team member will contact you to schedule a phone interview. The purpose of this interview is to:
- Learn more about your teaching goals and how they align with the goals of CDC's Science Ambassador program
- Identify any specific public health science topics of interest
- Discuss the workshop's purpose and activities
- Answer any questions that you might have
Notification of acceptance to participate will be no later than June 1, 2015.
|April 15, 2015||Deadline to submit your information|
|May 2015||Phone interviews|
|June 1, 2015||Notification of final acceptance|
|July 20-24, 2015||Science Ambassador Workshop|
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.