Health Alert Notice for International Travelers Arriving in the United States From Areas with SARS
Health Alert Network Messages
Note: This Health Alert Notice is not currently active. This is a SAMPLE document.
TO THE TRAVELER:
During your recent travel, you may have been near people who have a disease called SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome). Please follow these steps:
- Please pay close attention to your health for the next 10 days.
- If you get sick with a fever or cough or have trouble breathing, make an appointment with a doctor.
- Before your visit, tell your doctor about your recent travel. This way steps can be taken to keep others from getting sick.
- Save this card and give it to your doctor if you become ill.
TO THE PHYSICIAN:
The patient presenting this card may have recently traveled to an area where cases of SARS have been identified. If you suspect that this patient may have SARS, please contact your city, county, or state health officer (see http://www.cdc.gov or call the CDC Emergency Operations Center at 770-488-7100).
- Page last reviewed: May 3, 2005
- Page last updated: May 3, 2005
- Content source: