VI. SARS Educational Tools and Resources
Supplement G: Communication and Education
Public Health Guidance for Community-Level Preparedness and Response to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) Version 2/3
SARS educational tools and resources focus on understanding what is known about SARS-CoV disease and reinforcing infection control practices as the key to the prevention and control.
- Archived satellite broadcasts and webcasts -- Archived satellite broadcasts and webcasts provide a comprehensive review of infection control practices, clinical diagnosis and management, quarantine and community containment, legal challenges, laboratory diagnostics, and surveillance activities. Archived webcasts include print and slide formats only:
- PowerPoint slides - CDC has developed several Powerpoint presentations based on the material in Public Health Guidance for Community-Level Preparedness and Response to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). Topics include: surveillance, laboratory diagnostics, preparedness and response in healthcare facilities, community response and containment, and communication and education.
- Educational tools -- Educational materials (currently under development) focus on SARS preparedness and infection control practices. These downloadable resources include reviews of personal protective equipment (PPE) and training activities for healthcare settings. Tools currently under development include:
- Informational PPE slide set
- Accompanying PPE poster in English and Spanish
- Training scenarios for healthcare settings
- Warning signage for patients at risk of exposure to SARS-CoV (suitable for entrances to healthcare facilities).
Announcements regarding the availability of these materials will be posted on CDC's SARS website.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.