Appendix F2 - Figure 3
Supplement F: Laboratory Guidance
Public Health Guidance for Community-Level Preparedness and Response to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) Version 2/3
Figure 3 - SARS-CoV Specimen Testing Guidelines: Serologic Testing
Text version of Figure 3
Prepare two aliquots:
- To test for SARS-CoV
- For repeat testing
Store remaining sample.
Perform SARS EIA
- If control guidelines are not met, repeat test.
- If Neg result, specimen is Neg for SARS-CoV.1
- Testing for other pathogens may be indicated.
- If Pos result, repeat test.
- send aliquot to CDC for confirmatory testing. Include copy of data.
- If Neg result, additional testing may be advised.1
- If Pos result x2, this is presumptive identification of SARS-CoV.
- A negative result does not rule out SARS-CoV infection. See Appendix F7 for more information.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.