Supplement D: Community Containment Measures, Including Non-Hospital Isolation and Quarantine
Public Health Guidance for Community-Level Preparedness and Response to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) Version 2/3*
Contents of this Section
This version of Supplement D includes editorial changes throughout the text that are intended to clarify the rationale for and explanations of the recommendations.
Several new components have been added:
- The text box “Graded Implementation of Community Containment Measures” provides a rationale for selection among the various community containment interventions.
- Section V provides guidance for de-escalation of interventions.
- Appendix D1 defines and describes the applications, benefits, challenges, and required resources for various containment interventions.
- Appendix D2 answers frequently asked questions about the use of community containment measures.
Appendices related to considerations for persons in isolation at home and in non-hospital facilities have been revised and condensed. More detailed information on these topics is provided in Supplement I.
The Community Containment Matrices included in the previous draft were deleted in favor of more complete coverage of the information in the text.Top of Page
- Page last reviewed: May 3, 2005
- Page last updated: May 3, 2005
- Content source: