References and Resources
RSV Prophylaxis Guidelines
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus
American Academy of Pediatrics. Respiratory Syncytial Virus. In: Pickering LK, Baker CJ, Kimberlin DW, Long SS, eds. Red Book: 2009 Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases. 28th ed. Elk Grove Village, IL: American Academy of Pediatrics; 2009.
RSV Mortality and Hospitalizations
- Mortality Associated with Influenza and Respiratory Syncytial Virus in the United States
Thompson WW, Shay DK, Weintraub E, Brammer L, Cox N, Anderson LJ, Fukuda K. JAMA. 2003 Jan 8;289(2):179-86.
- Bronchiolitis-Associated Hospitalizations Among US Children, 1980-1996
Shay DK, Holman RC, Newman RD, Liu LL, Stout JW, Anderson LJ. JAMA. Oct 20 1999:282(15):1440-46.
- Substantial Variability in Community Respiratory Syncytial Virus Season Timing
Mullins JA, LaMonte AC, Bresee JS, Anderson LJ. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2003;22:1-0.
RSV in the Elderly
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection in Elderly and High-Risk Adults
Falsey AR, Hennessey RN, Formica MA, Cox C, Walsh EE. New Engl J Med. 2005 Apr 28;352(17):1749-59
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection in Adults
Falsey AR, Walsh EE. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2000 Jul;13(3):371-84.
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus and Metapneumovirus. In Fields Virology
Knipe DM, Howley PM, eds. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer and Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2007:1601-1646.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.