Educational resources for the public
- Hantavirus prevention materials
Brochures, video clips, and more.
Technical resources for professionals
- Managing Rodents and Mosquitoes through Integrated Pest Management
Public Health Training Network webcast.
- Integrated Pest Management: Conducting Urban Rodent Surveys [PDF - 732 KB]
Updates the 1974 CDC Urban Rat Surveys manual to include information about integrated pest management (IPM). The updated manual provides public health and housing professionals with comprehensive information for implementing IPM as a systems approach in the management of pests and vectors.
- Methods for Trapping and Sampling Small Mammals for Virologic Testing
Manual. For those performing ecologic and epidemiologic studies involving populations of rodents which are potentially infected with hantavirus. Also appropriate for studies of small-mammal populations that may harbor an infectious zoonotic agent capable of causing severe disease or death.
- Healthy Homes
Coordinated, comprehensive, and holistic approach to preventing diseases and injuries that result from housing-related hazards and deficiencies.
- EPA Office of Pesticide Programs