NCHS Research Data Center What's New?
New Data Available through the RDC
National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES)
- 2009-2010: Occupational Questionnaire
- 2005-2006: Occupational Questionnaire
The Occupation Questionnaire section of the NHANES sample person household interview contains more detailed information on employment and industry than those provided on the NHANES public files.
National Health Interview Survey (NHIS)
- National Health Interview Survey 2013 Release
The National Health Interview Survey has released 2013 data. Restricted data can be requested through the Research Data Center. Please see survey documentation for more information.
National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey/ National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey (NAMCS/NHAMCS)
- Data from the 2010 National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey, Ambulatory Surgery Component, are now available for use in the NCHS Research Data Center. Please refer to NAMCS and NHAMCS Restricted Data Available at the NCHS Research Data Center and the RDC data file dictionaries.
- Data from the NAMCS and NHAMCS Cervical Cancer Screening Supplement (2006-2010) are now available for use in the NCHS Research Data Center. This was a joint effort between NCHS and the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion to collect information on screening methods for cervical cancer, including ordering HPV DNA tests and administration of the HPV vaccine. Please refer to the CCSS Provider and Visit File Data Dictionaries and Data Documentation.
- deCastro BR. Acrolein and asthma attack prevalence in a representative sample of the United States adult population 2000-2009. PloS one 2014;9(5):e96926.
- Greer S, Schieb L, Schwartz G, et al. Association of the neighborhood retail food environment with sodium and potassium intake among US adults. Preventing chronic disease 2014;11:E70.
- Kachan D, Tannenbaum SL, Olano HA, et al. Geographical variation in health-related quality of life among older US adults, 1997-2010. Preventing chronic disease 2014;11:E110.
- Long SK, Dahlen H. Expanding Coverage to Low-Income Childless Adults in Massachusetts: Implications for National Health Reform. Health services research 2014.
- Richmond-Bryant J, Meng Q, Cohen J, et al. Effect measure modification of blood lead-air lead slope factors. Journal of exposure science & environmental epidemiology 2014.
- Villegas R, Goodloe RJ, McClellan BE, Jr., et al. Gene-carbohydrate and gene-fiber interactions and type 2 diabetes in diverse populations from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES) as part of the Epidemiologic Architecture for Genes Linked to Environment (EAGLE) study. BMC genetics 2014;15:69.
- Page last reviewed: August 1, 2014
- Page last updated: August 1, 2014
- Content source: